Remote – Database Administrator (DBA) – NoSQL and MySQL (MongoDB, Postgres)
This is an entirely remote position and you must know how to administer more than one database to be qualified.
- Create and maintain databases needed for development, testing, and production usage.
- Maintain the performance, integrity, and security of the database to keep in line with database and data quality policy standards.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting and resolving any data related issues.
- Assist in creating and sustaining database deployment methods and procedures.
- Complete all necessary backup and recovery obligations.
- Establish and maintain data availability and archival stratagems.
- Provide advanced technical skills to aid co-workers.
- Be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation group to provide support.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and work experience.
- Three to five years work experience in the field of Database Administration.
- Minimum of one year working with MongoDB or Postgres in a production environment.
- Background configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems that include clustering and replication.
- Skill working with MySQL and Redis.
- Proven ability in software development using Puppet, Shell, etc. scripting languages.
- Capability to support a SaaS platform.
- Knowledge of Linux (esp. CentOS).
- Familiarity working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Understanding of VMware virtualization.
- A high level of analytical, diagnostic and technical skills.
Additional Desired Skills:
- AWS Management (DynamoDB, RDS)
- Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Puppet, Nagios, Foreman, Git, Jenkins
There is no sponsorship or visa availability for this position. You must be a U.S. citizen or have a green card to be eligible.
No C2C or Corp to corp.
Kw: dba, nosql, mongodb, dynamodb, sqlserver, mysql, linux, postgres, database admin