As the Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer, you will be involved in projects with team members to plan and design enterprise Cloud environments, as well as continued management of the platforms.
The company is in the SW of the Greater Portland, OR area. If the candidate is local, the position is hybrid. (In-office a couple of times a month.) For candidates out of the area, it is fully remote. (Possible need for in-office two times a year.) Due to time zone differences, you must reside in the Western or Central United States. There is no sponsorship or C2C.
What to expect:
- Monitor enterprise cloud platforms for quality and reliability.
- Provide support for existing and new technology applications.
- Participate in the assessment of cloud solutions, design, and the architectural base in relationship to company goals.
- Collaborate with vendors to drive technology roadmaps.
- Create, develop, and document architectural and technical standards for cloud applications and environments.
- Deliver in-depth technical diagrams and documentation for cloud platforms.
- Provide and manage cloud infrastructure capacity plan.
- Evaluate operational cost data to identify cost-saving options.
- Continue to research evolving technologies and make recommendations to benefit company costs and infrastructure.
- Act as mentor for teams.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience related to the support of enterprise IT systems.
- 3 or more years of experience working in the field of enterprise Azure Cloud platforms.
- Expertise with Azure Network that includes layouts, security, express routes, virtual networking.
- Knowledge of DevOp practices and automation tools.
- Solid background with infrastructure cloud services that includes storage, database, Kubernetes, resource management, networking, and site recovery.
- Proficiency working with MS Windows architecture and system management best practices that consists of MS Windows Server, Office 365, SQL Server, group policy, Active Directory, and remote installation.
- Ability to provide in-person and remote support for data protection solutions.
- Experience with customer service and end-user support.
- Occasional travel.
- Required availability for on-call and afterhours work issues.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Cloud architect or related certifications.
Kw: cloud engineer, cloud architect, azure cloud engineer, azure network, devop, automation tools, cloud infrastructure, cloud storage, database, resource management, networking, site recovery, windows, windows server, office 365, sql server, active directory, remote installation
|Job Category||Full-time, Hybrid, Remote|