As the Principal Software Engineer, you will be working to build an infrastructure, integration API-driven product for the insurance industry. The company is a start-up located in San Francisco, CA. Must live in the area or willing to relocate since this is a full-time, onsite position.
What to expect:
- Perform a foundational role in the growth of the company.
- Take ownership of design and implementation of the API-driven product.
- Resolve difficult technical problems and be responsible for the solution throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assist in defining the tech stack, architecture for new products.
- Contribute to create the team culture, as well as internal processes.
What you will need:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work autonomously and on a team.
- 7+ years of experience with backend/full-stack engineering or history of working large scale open-source projects.
- Skills in API design, building processing pipelines, or systemic integration of external systems.
- Backend programming languages, Web scraping, and Java.
- Previous work with a start-up company or in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient code skills in multiple languages.
- Low tech to high tech integration experience.
There is no sponsorship or C2C for this position. You must live in the United States.