As the IT Security Specialist, you will have a hands-on, technical supporting role working with the IT Security Team. This includes security data analysis, reports, operations tasks, incident response, and information security process support that maintains the integrity and operation of the company Information Security Program.
This is a full-time, remote job. However, it is preferred the candidate live in Houston, TX or Pensacola, FL due to travel requirement.
There is no sponsorship or C2C for this position.
What to expect:
- Multi-level help desk ticket management, trouble shooting, and resolution that may include security services technical support.
- Provide security analysis of daily security reports and data.
- Track system logs, SIEM tools, and network traffic for unfamiliar or suspicious activity and make recommendations for a resolution.
- Work with other teams, such as infrastructure and network to ensure the integrity of their systems and operations.
- Support ongoing projects by assisting with all phases of the process.
- Conduct research regarding threats and vulnerabilities, and when needed, act to mitigate their effects.
- In the event of a security breach, make recommendations, schedule, and apply fixes/security patches.
- Review, evaluate penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Maintain and continually update the company incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly reports.
- Work with stakeholders to create risk management frameworks.
- Monitor security vulnerability information from vendors and third parties.
- On-call rotation participation.
- Travel to company sites as needed. (10%)
What you will need:
- (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree or certifications in IT/IT Security or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on IT Security work experience.
- Technical aptitude in security.
- History of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, incident management.
- Meet project objectives on time, using standard project management methodologies.
- Perform complex system analysis and develop a conclusion by combining information from various sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution. (EDR)
- Experience with various tools like: Siem (log rhythm), Cisco, Proofpoint, Defender, SentinalOne.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanners.
- Capability to provide security services support that include: anti-spam, anti-virus, web proxies, phishing attempts, data loss prevention, network security, Windows based systems, WAN, LAN, telephony systems and OT network.
- Can communicate highly technical information to non-technical people.
- Ability to conduct presentations in person and web-based meetings.
Kw: internet technology security, internet technology security specialist, security analytics, incident response, siem, cisco, proofpoint, defender, sentinalone, nessus scanner, vulnerability scanners, endpoint detection and response, edr, anti-spam, anti-virus, web proxies, phishing, network security, infrastructure security, help desk ticket management, troubleshooting
|Job Category||Full-time, Remote|