Web Application Developer with Security Experience
This is an opportunity to work with a leading company in the field of Information Security and Risk Management solutions, located in beautiful Seattle, WA. They have a complete understanding of the need to provide a stable work/life balance and that includes premium benefits for their employees. Initially, this is a remote position that will transition to partially remote, once the COVID-19 health risks are resolved.
- Work with teams on website, application, and hardware security.
- Display industry standard practices for securing API technologies and web application architecture.
- Discuss the security risks with clients, the vulnerability and impact on their overall business operations.
- Supervise timelines and communicate with team managers to avoid delay of project completion.
- Provide documentation of past project issues and provide solutions to improve future procedures.
- Be available to lead, support, and mentor associates by answering questions or stepping in to assist.
- Enhance cyber security expertise and skills through continuing education, research, and attending conferences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT security field as administrator, analyst, or consultant.
- Overall understanding of web application security concepts and API technologies.
- Background working with web security testing tools, like Burp, OWASP Zap.
- Aptitude in web technology framework vulnerability testing.
- Strong knowledge of OWASP Top 10 listings for web application vulnerabilities.
- Ability to diagnose potential security threats in the web application design.
- Knowledgeable of web protocols, like HTTP/HTTPS.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages.
- Security Certifications, like OSWP, eWPT, GWAPT.
- Create API test harnesses.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering.
- Experience with Bug Bounty or Capture the Flag.
- Fluent in languages other than English.
There is no sponsorship or C2C. You must live in the United States, preferably in the Pacific Northwest.