This is an opportunity to work with a leading company in the field of Information Security and Risk Management solutions, located in beautiful Seattle, WA. They have a complete understanding of the need to provide a stable work/life balance and that includes premium benefits for their employees. Initially, this is a remote position that will transition to partially remote, once the COVID-19 health risks are resolved.
- Work on projects with teams, evaluate the existing hardware and create new hardware security products.
- Find potential susceptibilities in client’s hardware and clearly explain the impact it can have on their overall business.
- Provide the steps to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Monitor timelines and communicate with team managers to avoid delay of project completion.
- Document past development issues and provide solutions to enhance future products and procedures.
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of IT hardware security.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming.
- Solid skills in reading schematics and tech design documents.
- Familiarity with tools that allow you to unload and inspect the firmware.
- Hands-on ability to work with soldering and removing board components.
- Serial-based connection creation skills.
- Knowledge of non-Linux environments.
- Proficient with firmware reverse engineering.
- Understanding of wireless procedures.
- Work experience with open-source electronics platforms.
- Background working with anti-tampering technologies and methods of how to prevent.
- Experience with testing techniques of fault injection and error handling code paths.
- Additional Security Certifications like GIAC or OSCE
There is no sponsorship or C2C. You must live in the United States, preferably the Pacific Northwest.
kw: hardware security, firmware security, C, C++, non-linux, firmware reverse engineering, wireless, open-source electronics, anti-tampering, fault injections, code paths